Friday, January 4, 2013

That's it? We're done?

I took Wes to his third helmet appointment on Tuesday.  I knew they were going to take a scan of his head to get the most accurate measurements and then I thought they would adjust the helmet before going home.  To my surprise his measurements came back within the normal range and we're now helmet free!!!  Congratulations, Wes!  You did it in just 5 weeks!

So, his head isn't perfectly round, but I think it looks great.  According to the orthotist, the helmet did it's job and his head will continue to improve as he grows especially since he rolls onto his belly at night and can sit up on his own.

I never thought I would be sad to see it go so quickly.  He was so cute in that helmet.  I'm going to keep it safe, so I can show it to him when he's older.  I'm so proud of my little man!

Bye bye, helmet!

No comments:

Post a Comment